FAQ FOR STUDENTS AND TUTORS
Why use Porai?
Better grades, better jobs, better lives. That’s why we are helping students. Porai will help you understand, master, and enjoy all that you need to know in college, graduate school, and beyond. Anytime, Anywhere.
Can you help me with my homework immediately?
Its an on demand service. Tutors are always online to help you anytime of the day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Can you help me with my exam/quiz/test?
Yes. Anything and everything u wanted to learn starting from maths to python to history to yoga. We have all kinds of tutor on our platform.
How do I contact Customer Support?
You can send us an email (email@example.com), get in touch with us using our chat, or call us at 096-06-2525.
How do I create an account?
On our homepage you’ll find a Login/Register button in the top right corner. Click on it and fill out the information.
Where are my account settings located?
Once you are registered and logged in, you’ll find a drop down menu in the upper right corner – look for My Profile; you’ll find your account settings there.
How do I change my password?
Go to My Profile; under Change Password, enter your old password and then the new one twice.
I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
If you forgot your password, please click the “Forgot your Password?” link, type in your email and click on Reset Password. We’ll send you a temporary password which you can change afterwards. If you don’t receive an email within one hour, please check your Spam folder. If the email is not there, contact Customer Support.
Is this website free?
No. We are a paid service that requires a prepaid package to be bought by you. We don’t accept checks or cash.
How much does your service cost?
We do not have monthly fees or minimum payments, and there are no hidden costs. For tutoring and homework help, the price depends on tutors. While u make a post, tutors will bid and their info will be available on ur screen including their rate for 30 mins. If class continue more than 30 mins, U will billed at 30 mins cycle. Which means, 60 Mins charge for class between 31 mins to 60 mins. Max class hour is 120 mins either 2 hours.
Can I try your services for free?
We normally don’t provide free trials because we can’t ask tutors with masters degrees and doctorates to work for free. However, keep an eye out for promotions and discounts!
What is your refund policy?
Refunds are rare on our website due to superior student satisfaction rates. However, in the event that a student needs one, refunds are available if you and the tutor both agree that one is appropriate. If there is any disagreement regarding the refund, we perform an unbiased evaluation and make a fair decision. Unlike our competitors, we refund the money directly back to you instead of issuing credit. We know your money is important, and students usually don’t have much to go around, so we want your refund back in your account where it belongs.
What is an arbitration?
An arbitration is sometimes part of a refund dispute process. When a student and a tutor disagree on whether a refund is warranted or how much should be refunded, an independent, third-party arbitrator who is an expert in that subject area will give a decision that is fair, open, and honest – that’s the way we like it.
U have to login in our platform first and keep a minimum balance of 300 taka credit in ur account. Than U will be able to post ur problem mentioning ur class/subject/chapter. U can also take a pic and attach ur problem if it is related to design or math or coding. During post, u will be able to customize some parameter like tutors gender/language/institutions. System AI will search for matching tutors and notify them so that they can bid in your post. You will see details of tutor on your screen like name/gender/rate and review given by other students. You will get 30 minutes to accept a bid. After that post will become invalid. Once you accept a bid, that specific tutor will start class and system will ask you to join. Please note that all rate shown is for 30 minutes. If you continue class for more than 30 minutes, charge will increase at 30 minute slot. Like 35 minutes class will be charged at 60 minutes rate. Class can continue maximum for 2 hours against one single post. You should recharge your account by using payment options before making any post. Minimum balance required for post is 300 taka.
Should I submit the same request multiple times to get a faster response?
U can not make a 2nd post unless u completed u first class or that post is expired, which normally takes 30 mins.
Are your tutors qualified?
Yes, all of our tutors hold degrees in their fields of study. All applicants must supply academic transcripts and are screened carefully by our staff, including the use of working interviews.
How do I find a tutor?
U can choose a tutor from the bidding list. There is no way to search and find a tutor by urself.
Can I submit my request to a specific tutor?
Sorry. We don’t support this feature as this is an on demand service and you can only get tutor who is available in our system.
Can I work with the same tutor again?
We cant not guarantee that. It depends on whether the tutor is online and whether he bid for your post.
Can I review my previous requests/sessions?
We don’t record any class at the moment. However u can record any class on ur local disk if u wish so.
How do I follow the progress of my submitted request?
Here are the status definitions: Pending bid means you are waiting for a tutor to bid in your post. Pending Authorization means the tutor has bid and is waiting for the student to authorize. Pending Completion means the tutor is taking the leason on line. Completed means the work is finished.
Why has no tutor bid in my post ?
There can be many reasons for this, so here are some possibilities: you just submitted the work and no tutor has seen it yet; your deadline is too short for the amount of work involved; your instructions are incomplete, unclear, or confusing; you have failed to upload files, links, or information required by the tutor; the subject is miscategorized; your language or attitude is distasteful or inappropriate. We do not guarantee all assignments will receive a bid because tutoring is a partnership and sometimes students fall short of their responsibilities.
What if my tutor can’t help me?
We have a very large number of tutors, so the odds are good that one of them will be able to provide assistance.
What should I do if my solution is incorrect?
Many problems in math and science can be solved in more than one way. Our college homework help does not guarantee that the methods used will satisfy the expectations of every student. If you need a specific method to be used, you must make it clear to the tutor when you submit your request, or at the beginning of your online tutoring session. If the solution is incorrect in your judgment, contact the tutor through the request and let him know there is an issue. The tutor will gladly make adjustments. Do not send a message through the Feedback Form on the website, as those messages do not reach the tutors. If you are unable to get a response within a reasonable amount of time (remember that many tutors live in different times zones), or the response you get is unsatisfactory, contact Customer Support.
How do I ask for a refund?
If all other reasonable methods to resolve your issue have not been successful, you can ask for a refund. Let the tutor know in a polite manner that you want a refund and explain why. If you are not satisfied with the tutor’s response, get in touch with Customer Support immediately. Don’t argue with the tutor.
Do I have to rate my tutor?
Rating your tutor is optional, but we hope you will rate your tutor because it helps tutors and other students. It takes no more than a few seconds to give a rating, and leaving comments is also optional.
What is an administrator?
Administrators are part of our Customer Support; they oversee tutors and students. Most of the time you won’t contact them directly, but they will get in touch with you when you contact Customer Support. They will help you resolve any issues that you have.
What should I do if my question isn’t here?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know if I am qualified to be a tutor at porai.net?
We don’t require you to be a certified tutor or a professor. As long as you have passion to teach and have some previous experience of working as private tutor, you are qualified. However, Good English/Bangla language, written and spoken is mandatory with good behavior.
What I need to become a tutor?
A desktop/laptop with touch screen and a stable internet connection is mandatory to become a tutor on Porai. Plus you should have all the books of the classes and subjects u want to teach in ur collection.
Why touch screen is required?
System has built in whiteboard (similar to blackboard of real world of class). Unless u have a touch screen monitor, u can write formula or draw diagram during class. same goes for students also.
Can I use mouse to accomplish this?
You can. But you have to be very sure and qualified enough to those tasks as and when necessary. If u cant do these effectively, ur review will be poor and we will not allow u to work as tutor on our platform.
Why Do I need books to teach?
As these are online classes, so u cant see students book. But u will need to see books and chapters to conduct a seamless continuous class. So its mandatory to buy all the books of whatever class and subjects u want to teach.
If I want to teach class 6 to class 12 science subjects, there will be lots of books and it will be costly?
If money is a problem, we would suggest u to start with one or two class initially. As u get more class and earn more money, U can buy books later and add more classes and subjects in ur portfolio. Please note that we are just running the platform. At the end , you are the heart of our business. More quality teaching students get, they will be more positive about Porai. And more positive they are, they will take more classes which will eventually help u to earn more. So all of us should be prepared to give the best possible experience for students.
How do I become a tutor? (How can I apply for a tutoring position?)
While we are not always actively recruiting tutors in every subject area at all times, we do accept applications on an ongoing basis. To apply for a position: -Go to the Become a Tutor page -Follow the instructions carefully.
What happens next?
We will ask you to submit your educational certificates and a photo ID. Based on your document, we will schedule an interview and after that you will either be rejected or accepted to be a tutor on Porai
How do I will get students?
Once approved, plz login to the system whenever you are free to take classes. You will be notified whenever any post of students match with your profile. You have to bid at that time along with all online teacher. It is students who will decide whether he/she will accept your bid.
How can I increase my chances of being selected by students?
Student will get teacher’s name, gender, rate, institution, language and review while you bid. So we guess your rate and review given by other students will be the most important factors of choice. So try to give a competitive rate and get review from students after class.
What rate should I fix to be competitive?
There is no thumb rule to fix it. Just consider how much you will get per month if you teach a student for 3 days per week, 2 hours a day. That means you will teach him for 24 hours per month. Now add your travel time to go and come back from students house for 12 days. Divide your monthly earning by total hour(teaching hour plus travel time). That will give an idea of per hour earning. As our system allows price for 30 minute, so divide that amount or any amount nearby you think will be okay by 2 and put in the system. Please note Porai authority will check how much you are asking and if it is too unusual, they might now allow you on the platform.
Can I teach multiple classes with multiple subjects including other test like IELTS?
Yes. You can. Choose whatever you want to teach while you complete your profile after registration. But please note that it is Porai authority who will choose what you can teach after interview.
Why haven’t you hired me yet?
We hire tutors on an as-needed basis, so you may not hear back from us right away. If we need a specialist in your subject area and your application meets our qualifications, we will be in contact with you regarding an interview.
Why should I apply to work for porai.net?
Working with us gives you an opportunity to cash in on your experience and knowledge. You can work when you want, how much you want, and from any location!
I am registered as a teacher in an school. Can I work as on demand tutor?
When do I get paid?
We process payroll at the beginning of every month. Tutors that have proven themselves can ask for their paycheck to be processed earlier (ask our admins for more information).
Who pays the transaction fees?
The transaction fees are covered from your earnings; we try our best to get good deals with payment services in order to decrease those fees.
What payment services do you use?
We can transfer your funds using ACH Payments, Bank Transfer, bkash , Nagad, Rocket, Upay.
Is there a minimum amount that has to be reached before I can get paid?
As long as your earnings can cover transaction fees, we will process your paycheck.
Does Porai report my earnings to tax authorities?
Unless we are asked, we don’t do that.
Tutor code of conduct
These are the basic rules we ask our tutors to follow:
Tutors must do the work themselves; you are responsible for the work that you provide to students.
Tutors should only take requests that they can successfully complete.
Tutors should respond to student messages as soon as possible.
Tutors cannot deny on line class after it has been approved.
Tutors should always check what the scope of work is before bidding to a post.
Tutors should never share personal contact information or ask for student’s personal contact information.
Tutors should never discuss with students how the website works regarding paychecks and percentages.
Tutors should always contact Customer Support if there are any problems, either on the website or in their personal lives.
Tutors should never use racist, sarcastic or insulting language in any way. Unprofessionalism won’t be tolerated.
What happens if I break the tutor code of conduct?
Depending on the severity of the situation you might receive a warning, lose a position on the website and some privileges, receive a decrease in your commission or get suspended from the website. If we suspend you from our website you forfeit all earnings that haven’t yet been paid to you.
Requests are contracts!
When you submit a bid and the student approves it, you can consider this as a contract. That contract has a deadline that has to be respected and work that has to be performed. If the deadline has passed and the work hasn’t been provided or the work is of unacceptable quality you are in breach of that contract, which is a serious issue.
What happens if my bid gets approved and I’m unable to take live lesson?
Hopefully this never happens. If this is the situation get in touch with Customer Support and explain your reasons for not being able to provide the solution. Everything gets noted to your file, further actions depend on the severity of the situation.
I have a personal emergency! What do I do?
In case of a personal emergency contact Customer Support; you don’t have to explain too much, we understand what emergencies are! If you can, please let us know if you have any ongoing requests that have to be handled by us and when you’ll be available again. If you don’t have much time just inform us that we need to take care of everything until we hear from you again.
How do I contact Customer Support?
You can send us an email (email@example.com), get in touch with us over our chat or call us at (096) 06-252525.
My question isn’t listed here! What do I do?
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How are Porai Online courses delivered?
– We offer self-paced programs on the Porai Online course platform (eclass.porai.net).
Our platform features short, highly produced videos of Porai faculty and guest experts, interactive graphs and exercises, cold calls to keep you engaged, and opportunities to contribute to a vibrant online community.
Do I need to come to campus to participate in Porai Online programs?
– No, all of our programs are 100 percent online, and available to participants regardless of their location.
How do I enroll in a course?
– All programs require the completion of a brief application. The applications vary slightly from program to program, but all ask for some personal background information. You can apply for and enroll in programs here. If you are new to eClass, you will be required to set up an account before starting an application for the program of your choice.
Our easy online application is free, and no special documentation is required. Any students committed to learning and engaging with fellow participants throughout the program. After submitting your application, you should receive an email confirmation from us. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk email folders and double-check your account to make sure the application was successfully submitted. Updates to your application and enrollment status will be shown on your Dashboard. We confirm enrollment eligibility within 24 hours of your application.
How is Porai different from other platforms?
– Porai is unique in a few key ways:
1. It’s easy to set up and make your own without any coding experience. You get out-of-the box templates and integrations, plus full ownership over your site so you can customize it according to your brand.
2. It creates an incredible experience for your students at every step, from arriving at your website to completing your course and achieving their goals.
3. You have an entire Support team backing you through your entire journey, plus access to an extensive knowledge base and partner network.
Feel free to take a closer look at how our features compare to other platforms.
What kinds of content can I put into a course on Porai?
– We accept it all, whether it be video, audio, images, PDFs, or presentations. We’ve also made it incredibly easy to add dynamic lesson types like assignments and quizzes so you can build a course that not only works, but that your students will enjoy. Having access to a variety of media and lesson types allows you to create an interactive and engaging learning experience for your audience.
Can I see a demo of the platform?
– Absolutely! You can find a quick 15 min demo of Porai here (I will create a video). It will cover everything from building out your course and customizing your website, to integrating with the business tools you already use and love. We recommend that you sign up for a free account so you can follow along with the demo and start building your course right away.
I have expertise that I want to share with others, but I’ve never created an online course before. Where do I start?
– We understand that setting up your first online course can be overwhelming, so our team is here to work with you each step of the way. A great place to start is our on-demand training video, The 5-Step Blueprint to Creating and Selling Successful Online Courses, which covers the need-to-know steps to set you up for success as a course creator. We also have a ton of content dedicated to helping customers get started with Porai. As always, feel free to reach out to our Support team if you have further questions.
What if I don’t have technical experience? Can I still use Porai?
– You sure can! In fact, Porai was designed to get your online education business up and running without any advanced technical experience. That means you don’t have to be a developer to build your site and online courses. We provide out-of-the-box themes and templates to simplify every step of the course creation process, so you’ll never have to write any code. Plus, our Support team and knowledge base are available if you need extra help.
What if I don’t have a large audience yet?
– Not a problem! Every course creator needs to start somewhere, and having a large audience is certainly not a requirement for using Porai. In fact, online courses are a perfect way to build an audience if you don’t have one yet. By publishing and marketing thought leadership content, you can start generating a following of individuals who share your passion and seek your expertise.
What if I’m nervous getting in front of a camera?
– Not to worry! Nerves typically fade with experience, so don’t let that stop you from getting started with online courses. We’ll give you tips for working in front of a camera to help you get comfortable more quickly. We do recommend that you start your course with even a short introduction video to allow your students to get familiar with you, but after that, you can use text lessons, screen recordings, PDFs, or anything else to teach your content. In fact, there are course creators who choose not to use video for teaching. So, you’re never obligated to create video content if it doesn’t suit your curriculum.
Can I livestream or run live webinars through Porai?
– Yes, we support livestreaming and webinars. Many livestreaming platforms such as YouTube Live, Zoom, and Live Stream are embeddable into other sites, which means you can add your live video right within a Porai course lesson. Even if you’re using a live streaming platform that isn’t embeddable, that doesn’t mean it can’t work alongside your Porai course! You can always create a lesson with instructions and a link for your students to join the livestream.
Can I offer certificates through my courses?
– Yes! Certificates are a great way to recognize students who pass key milestones in their education. They not only boost motivation and provide a sense of accomplishment—they can also serve as a verifiable measure of success. On Porai’s plan, you have the option to offer certificates to your students upon course completion.
Can I customize whether students can skip lessons?
– Definitely! By default, students will be able to skip over lessons and jump around within your course. However, if you want to ensure that they complete particular lessons before moving on to the next, you can choose to set any lesson as a prerequisite for others.
Can students access course content offline?
– While students will not be able to log into your courses offline, you always have the option to offer downloadable content such as video files, audio files, or PDFs in your lessons. That way your students can download these files while connected to the internet and still access them later.
Will I retain ownership over any content I publish on Porai?
– Yes, course creators have complete ownership over the content they build on our platform. Porai does not claim any intellectual property rights over your materials, so anything you build and publish on our platform is 100% yours.
I already have a website. Can I integrate it with Porai?
– Definitely! Feel free to reach out to our Support team.
Can I check out sample courses created on Porai?
– We’re always thrilled to see the incredible courses, Porai course creators have built, and we’ve showcased samples from a variety of. You’ll see that each course has its own unique look and feel, which is a testament to the creative freedom course creators have on Porai. You can customize as much as you like so that your own brand takes the spotlight.
How can I reach your Support team?
– Our goal is to help you every step of the way. Whether you’re a prospective or current customer, we offer a few options for getting in touch:
Email us at email@example.com;
Give us a call at +8809606252525. We’re available Sat-Thu from 9:00AM-5:00PM GMT +06:00.
You can also search our FAQs and Blogs in the Porai website—chances are we have an article that may answer your question right away!